A number of you wrote to me asking for the recipe for cedar planked brie following this weekend's Instagram posts. So here it is!
Cedar Planked Brie with Raspberries
1 cedar plank
2 pints of fresh raspberries
4 tbsp slivered almonds
2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
freshly ground black peppercorns
8 tbsp of honey
2 large wheels of double-cream brie
sliced French baguette
1. Soak the cedar plank in cold water for at least 2 hours. Preheat BBQ to medium heat, about 400 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine raspberries, slivered almonds and fresh thyme. Season with freshly ground pepper. Drizzle with honey and gently mix to combine.
3. Remove plank from water. Place wheels of brie on the plank, evenly spaced.
4. Top each wheel with half of the raspberry honey mixture.
5. Place plank on grill and close lid. Plank cheese for 20-25 minutes until cheese is golden brown and slightly puffy, topping is hot and almonds are light golden brown. Remove plank from grill and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve immediately with freshly sliced baguettes - be careful, it's hot!
(Adapted from food.com)